FLOSS-/hacker-friendly music-players?

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Tue Mar 23 21:12:50 EDT 2010

On 03/23/2010 01:07 AM, Benjamin Scott wrote:
>    Some very particular science applications, yes.  But musicians?

Set your GSM phone next to your speaker cable for ten minutes in an area
with poor reception (or make one...).

Getting a tower-check-in overlayed on your otherwise perfect take must
really suck.

At town meeting this year, some ignoramus with a cell phone was sitting
right next to the PA system transmitter.  There's so little cell
coverage at the school all of the phones are blasting at full power.
Given the length of our town meeting, I bet half of them burned through
their batteries.

-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Social networks: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle