Poll: List subscribers on slow links? (was: Souhegan High School)

Carl Helmers carl at helmers.com
Sun Mar 28 21:36:18 EDT 2010

Ben,

No slow modem here -- with a T-W cable modem in a rural Monroe County
suburb southeast of
Rochester NY that based on local neighborhood usage varies a bit. and is
usually too
slow for downloading full Linux distros versus spending $8 for a DVD
delivered a few days
later by UPS or US-snail...

My my problem with Maddog's excellent FOSS slide show was not size,  but
finding it!

I have not fully figured out everything about the new Thunderbird
version 3.0.3 that installed in
the last month or so after it was released...

Thunderbird did not show that PDF as an attachment unless I  used the
message preview pane feature
which I normally keep off  to avoid launching any gremlins [I normally
delete spam based on subject
line before ever getting to text...]

I eventually found it -- to Maddog, kudos on an excellent talk
outline!   Now back to tweaking Fedora 12
on my new incredibly cheap Intel quad Core "super" computer...

...Carl Helmers
    www.helmers.com
    carl at helmers.com