du(1) for FTP sites

Benjamin Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Sun May 2 00:29:22 EDT 2010

  Kevin's wget-based implementation worked (thanks again, Kevin!), but
was slow due to repeated invocations of wget.  I looked at the code to
see if I could do something about that... and that awoke the coding
bug in me.  End result is implemented in terms of Perl Net::FTP and
needs no external programs.  It may even be cross-platform, although I
haven't tried it anywhere but *nix yet.  It's still very susceptible
to differences in FTP directory format.  I've confirmed a Microsoft
FTP server will cause it to choke horribly.  :)

http://sites.google.com/site/mailvortex/unix-and-linux/duftp

  Share and enjoy!

-- Ben