du(1) for FTP sites

Shawn O'Shea shawn at eth0.net
Sun May 2 12:08:27 EDT 2010

I started looking at writing it in Python. The library I was looking at
(ftputil http://ftputil.sschwarzer.net/ , easy_install ftputil) supports
walking the directory structure (much like os.walk or is it os.path.walk)
and provides a stat method to get info (including filesize) on the files
(therefore should be FTP server agnostic).

However it's the end of the semester, and getting school backlog done has
been more important than writing a fun little Python script.  :(

Glad you got something working to solve it and for sharing it!

-Shawn