du(1) for FTP sites

Benjamin Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Mon May 3 17:57:40 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com> wrote:
> Did you look at FUSE mounting the directory and running 'du' on it?

  Several people suggested that (on-list and off), and I may explore
it some day, but I liked the script approach better.  For one, it has
at least a chance at being cross-platform on the client.  Plus
pretending FTP is a filesystem just rubs me the wrong way.  I guess
there's technically no reason why it can't be used that way, but it
still gives me the heebie-jeebies.  Maybe I'm just getting old...

-- Ben