[OT] Small business/SOHO accounting

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Tue May 11 15:50:58 EDT 2010

On 05/10/2010 04:38 PM, Benjamin Scott wrote:
>   I meant: How does Bill find Postbooks to work?  What's good, what's bad?

I'm only starting to use it, really.  I does do inventory, it's the baby
sister of OpenERP.

The GUI is pleasant, nicely done in Qt.  AFAIK, it doesn't have a
'checkbook mode' like people want from Quickbooks.  I don't enjoy the
'go query for it' approach most of these programs take, I'd rather see
commonly-used lists by default.  It hasn't ever bombed out on me with
debug output (like some others).  I did need to compile it for x86_64 -
that wasn't an officially supported client (and I didn't want to drag in
an i686 library stack).

They recently started to support xml data import - I'm in the process of
writing an accounting shell to generate this input for my timekeeping needs.

-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Social networks: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle