OpenCV any Users on List?

Bruce Labitt bruce.labitt at myfairpoint.net
Fri May 21 20:22:30 EDT 2010

Benjamin Scott wrote:
> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 6:37 PM, Bruce Labitt
> <bruce.labitt at myfairpoint.net> wrote:
>
>> OpenCV appears to require a good C++ background,
>> which I don't have now. ... Any advice?
>>

>   Tell your employer you need some C++ training in order to do your
> job effectively.
>
>   Or if you're afraid they'll terminate you and hire someone else,
> seek learning on your own time and dime.
>
> -- Ben

It isn't like I can do NO C++, I did write an FFT server running on a
QS22 with OpenMP (multi-core threads) FFTW and communicated via
sockets.  I wrote that in C++ creating a sockets/com class, and a
command processor/sequencer, class, etc.

However, I don't think in C++.  Training wouldn't hurt!  (I don't know
where the time would come from, but it seems everyone has that
problem.)  Oh, and a lot of practice.  I don't know about you, but the
only way things actually get into my cortex matter, is practice,
practice, practice, in that order.

As for hiring someone else, I've begged my management to get me some
help here.  Surprising to some, I actually know a few things :)
However, being a hotshot C++ programmer is not one of those things yet.
I'm working on it, groaning a lot though....  Sorry to subject you to it...

Umm, so, do you know anything about OpenCV?  Good? Bad?  Easy to use?
Stinks for <insert x> ?

-Bruce