OpenCV any Users on List?

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Tue May 25 07:52:52 EDT 2010

On 05/24/2010 05:26 PM, bruce.labitt at autoliv.com wrote:
>>  Well, more than once you've made critical remarks regarding your own
>> > skills in C++.  Since you seem to be in a position where you're being
>> > asked to work with C++, I figured it warranted pointing out that the
>> > most useful tool we have is inside our skulls.  Too often we look to
>> > products and parts to solve problems, when what we really need is
>> > training and workforce improvement.
>> >
>> > -- Ben
> Fair enough.  I can do better.  I shall endeavor to do better...
> Ommmmmmmm...
> Time to crack the books open...  Hmm, which one of the three I just got
> within the last two weeks....
As I mentioned, the Deitel book is very good, but it can be
intimidating. Has a lot of very good examples, and you can even build an
elevator in your house. Many of the smaller books are nice, and give you
insights on style, but from my standpoint, the easiest way to learn a
computer language is by coding. Whenever I am not 100% sure how
something actually works, I try to code it. One of my favorites is
Wirth's balanced binary tree example in Pascal that I have recoded in C,
C++, and Java.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix