Representative Seth Cohn

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Thu Nov 4 10:37:41 EDT 2010

Seth Cohn <sethcohn at gnuhampshire.org> writes:

> On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com> wrote:
> >
> > The first time I met Seth was in early 2006 at a House Committee
> > Hearing.  They were considering a bill to encourage the State IT
> > organization to consider Open Source software before buying commercial
> > solutions and a small contingent of GNHLUG'ers showed up to offer their
> > support.
[...]
> With the budget hole as large as it is, things like open source (ie
> 'free' software) might find the needed support, with the promise of
> saving both now and longer term.

Since FOSS solutions are also more supportable by local engineers
(both in terms of `tech support', and actual software maintenance),
I wonder if people might also appreciate the quicker turn-around
for issue-resolution, as well as the the `creating local jobs
for engineers in NH' angle, these days.