Boston Linux Meeting Wednesday, October 20, 2010 Hardware Hacking: Atomic Clock Building

Bruce Labitt bruce.labitt at myfairpoint.net
Thu Oct 14 17:07:49 EDT 2010

  On 10/13/2010 9:25 AM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> When: October 20, 2010 7PM (6:30PM for Q&A)
> Topic: Hardware Hacking: Atomic Clock Building
> Moderators: Federico Lucifredi, Product Manager, Novell
> Location: MIT Building E51, Room 325
>
> Federico builds an atomic clock out of a pocket-sized Sheevaplug device

Any one go to this?  What was used as the clock?  How does
it get to be stratum-1?  That is reserved for a decent
clock, IIRC?  As in a primary reference, like caesium?

Anyone got a link on the primary ref clock?  I checked out
the sheeva plug and its thermally mismanaged variants.  The
concept is tres cool.  The thermal issues, not so good.  Any
list members have first hand experience with wall-wart
computers?

-Bruce