X failure after upgrade to Meerkat (Ubuntu 10.10)

Bruce Labitt bruce.labitt at myfairpoint.net
Sun Oct 17 15:42:12 EDT 2010

  On 10/17/2010 12:13 PM, Bruce Labitt wrote:
>    On 10/17/2010 11:07 AM, Joshua Judson Rosen wrote:
>>
>> If it's that old, does Nvidia still actually support it?
>>
>> And does the driver that Xorg ships (Nouveau, in the
>> xserver-xorg-video-nouveau package) not work?
The video card is now under legacy drivers.

Deleting xorg.conf aka renaming, at least gets me video.
(1024x768 or so.  Can't seem to find where to edit anything
to change it.  No menus allow editing.] Attempting to
install nvidia drivers, either from the ubuntu repository OR
nvidia results in xserver crash.
> Back on topic:  Things to try are?
> 1. rename xorg.conf
> 2. apt-get nouveau?