Android PMPs

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Thu Sep 9 10:42:17 EDT 2010

Benjamin Scott <dragonhawk at gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Lloyd Kvam <python at venix.com> wrote:
> >
> > We expect to see iPads getting used by patients in hospital settings
> > filling out forms (multiple choice - little or no typing).  Earlier
> > attempts with other tablets (running Windows) proved unworkable.
>
>   I'm curious; what makes the iPad better for that than the 'doze
> tablet?  I would think a form is a form, regardless of platform.

Dunno about iPads, but I tried to use one of the Windows touchscreen
computers when I was at Best Buy, a couple weeks back--I think it was
an HP `TouchSmart'..., and all I can remember about the experience
is that it was something that I didn't want to remember.

>   (I've only used an iPad once briefly, in a store.  I thought it
> seemed like a neat toy, but couldn't see myself spending $400 just to
> play an electronic marble maze game.)

Oh, is *that* where Tom's "$400" figure came from?

I have to admit that I haven't been paying much attention to the iPad--
there are too many things that are actually new or interesting (or both!)
on the market, competing for attention ;)