Android PMPs (was: Qi-Hardware Nanonote group purchase?)

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Thu Sep 9 15:34:59 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Ryan Lee Stanyan <ryan.stanyan at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thursday, September 09, 2010 12:59:40 pm Tom Buskey wrote:
> > >
> > > I agree with that sentiment for myself.  We have an iPad here on loan
> > > make sure the web sites we support display nicely.  The iPad is a great
> > > device for those folks who have trouble with "regular" mouse/keyboard
> > > interfaces.
> > >
> > > We expect to see iPads getting used by patients in hospital settings
> > > filling out forms (multiple choice - little or no typing).  Earlier
> > > attempts with other tablets (running Windows) proved unworkable.
> >
> > My Dr.'s office has been using TabletPCs  since 2000.   It's fantastic
> when
> > he can look up all my records to see a graph of my cholesterol.
> >
> > He has a custom "Family Practice" suite behind it all, I'm sure.  It
> works
> > very well for him.
>
> This seems to be a very good application for slate computers.  Instead of
> bringing in a huge folder of charts which I can only assume are originals,
> you
> could bring in a slate.  Although I can only imagine issues arising from
> sanitation and HIPPA compliance.

Well, it's a Family Practice office, not a Surgery room.  Sanitation is the
same as for the clipboard & folders he used to use 10 years ago.  It's
probably cleaner then the folders were.

For HIPPA, it's the same as any other computer on the network in his
office.  He doesn't have access to records in the parent hospital.