Widget to manipulate parallel port signals ?

Lloyd Kvam python at venix.com
Thu Sep 9 17:28:05 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 14:50 -0400, Michael ODonnell wrote:

>    http://pyserial.sourceforge.net/pyparallel.html
>
>       Sounded very appealing to me (partly because it'd serve as
>       another excuse to learn more Python)

I'm not sure what went wrong for you.
http://pyserial.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pyserial/trunk/pyparallel/parallel/?view=tar

I attached the download (I grabbed it out of curiosity).  It looks like
it is still getting updated: touched Aug 30, 2010.

I have used pyserial in the past and found it to be very helpful.  I did
a lot of serial (RS485, RS422) programming in C 20 years ago.  pyserial
provided a nice interface when I needed to dust off serial skills 6 or 7
years ago.

I don't have a real parallel interface to test against, but simply
looked at the code out of a sense of nostalgia.  If the other code
proves problematic, you can fall back on pyparallel.

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp