Touch-screens that work with Xorg/Linux? (was: Android PMPs)

Thomas Charron twaffle at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 13:18:01 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Joshua Judson Rosen
<rozzin at geekspace.com> wrote:
> Is anyone here familiar with using off-the-shelf touchscreens,
> and able to make a recommendation as what particular devices are
> most straight-forward to get working?

  I have recent experience with elo brand touch screens.  With a base
Kubuntu installed, it 'just worked' without requiring any work on my
part.  X.org has a specific driver for elo touch panels.

  I specifically used http://www.elotouch.com/Products/LCDs/1528L/default.asp

  They also sell a model which is a stand alone unit, with the
computer in the base, however, I have not used one of them.

  http://www.elotouch.com/Products/Computers/1520/default.asp

--
-- Thomas