X11 on small systems? (was: Qi-Hardware Nanonote group purchase?)

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Mon Sep 13 22:25:14 EDT 2010

Joshua Judson Rosen <rozzin at geekspace.com> writes:

> > > I'm going to buy one of these to see how well it can replace my
> > > now-defunct, Rockbox-running iPod:
> > >
> > >         http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Hardware-Ben
> > >
> > > They're $99, but they ship from Hong Kong so shipping a single unit
> > > adds ~$30 to the price; shipping more units together increases
> > > the shipping-price but only ~logarithmically, so there's an opportunity
> > > to spread the shipping-cost out with a `group buy'; for example,
> > > it looks like shipping goes down to $11/unit if I order 5.
> > >
> > > Anyone interested?

[long thread about how likely it is that Xorg can run on Ben Nanonote...]

> If you just want to know whether Xorg can run on Ben Nanonote,
> it'd probably be most straight-forward (and maybe even more
> cost-effective, if your day-job pays hourly ;)) to just...
> buy one and try it out. :)

On that note..., I'm looking to place my order sometime this week;
if anyone's actually interested in co-shipping in that timeframe,
let me know.

I hear that Freedom Included <http://www.freedomincluded.com/> is also
likely to start selling Nanonotes some time in the next couple/few months,
if anyone is interested `but not right now' (maybe you want to wait and
see how I make out...).