Koha - anyone do an install? MySQL question...

Randy Edwards redwards at golgotha.net
Tue Sep 14 07:25:54 EDT 2010

 > In particular, what goes in 'root' and 'password'?  Am I giving root
 > privilege to kohadata?

   Relax a bit. :-) You're not giving root access to the entire server.

   What this means is the MySQL root (superuser) user. This is required to
allow the Koha software to manipulate everything in its Koha database.

   Although they share the same username (root), one refers to the
database's administrator and our "normal" (computer system) root user
refers to the *nix administrator's account for the entire computer OS.
Needless to say, they should have very different passwords.

 > Why would I want to do that?  Right now, my spouse does not have admin
 > privileges on the system.

   And you probably want to keep it that way. :-) Don't worry, you're only
giving her admin powers in the kohadata database.

 .
 Randy

--
Fast fact: More than 2 million Americans are in prisons, 500,000 more than
in communist China, which has a population of 1.3 billion people. The US