VoltDB?

Alan Johnson alan at datdec.com
Thu Apr 7 16:14:20 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Marc Nozell (marc at nozell.com) <
nozell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you looked at the Drizzle fork of MySQL?  It is being driven by a
> number of ex-MySQL folks and focusing on cloud/web architectures and
> scaling.
>
> http://drizzle.org/
>
> -marc

Yeah, cool.  That one rings a bell.  There is a FLOSS Weekly on that one
too: http://twit.tv/floss35

I like this quote from their discription a lot and remember the sentiment
from that web cast as well: "Drizzle has been designed for modern
environments, which are 64bit, multi-core with gigabytes of memory."  MyISAM
has some pretty lame (assuming modern db server hardware) limits on table
definitions that violating results in major performance issues.  I like
enough of what I'd heard that I shared it with our DBA.