[FOSS] How does one respond to this line of questioning?

Bruce Labitt bdlabitt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 08:41:08 EDT 2011

Makes me be more productive *is* the point.  Why would anyone want to be
less productive ?

Oh, and anyone could read, reproduce, test or execute the work.  Sounds like
a positive proposition to me.

On Apr 8, 2011 8:18 AM, "Ric Werme" <ewerme at comcast.net> wrote:

> Had an interesting conversation this evening.  A snipped
> version basically was:

> op: You like to use a lot of Open Source Software don't
> you?  Don't you know it is not 'standard' here?

> me: Hmm.  What part of free, efficient and fast don't you
> care for?

> op: (no answer)

I appreciate the criticism of your reply.

How about:

me: It makes me more productive.

That opens up a lot of discussion possibilities about
productivity, corporate competitiveness, increased pay,
and doesn't have put the other guy on the defensive.
Well, unless he starts worrying about his own productivity.

 -Ric