[FOSS] How does one respond to this line of questioning?

Jon 'maddog' Hall maddog at li.org
Fri Apr 8 14:08:38 EDT 2011

>The answer doesn't scale.

Sorry, it scaled with the information you gave me.

>That same 'problem' using a cluster years ago can now be processed in
>*minutes* on a Xeon quad processor.

...and the capabilities of the ENIAC can be done on my wristwatch today.

o First of all, I am talking about 1995...so that was about sixteen
years ago.  Even if one woman's life was saved in those sixteen years,
it was worth it in my book.

o Secondly, part of the problem was to decompose the program, which
allows it to run well on your quad-core Xeon

You asked a question, I gave an answer.

md