[OT] URGENT: Incredibrew

Jon 'maddog' Hall maddog at li.org
Thu Apr 14 12:08:53 EDT 2011

Hi,

This is not completely a "Linux oriented thing", but there will be a lot of Linux oriented
people there, and it is about beer....so if you are not interested, "d" is a perfectly
acceptable response.

I am doing some contract work at a large Linux-oriented company in Westford, MA.  I got together
with a couple of the people here and we are going to brew beer at
Incredibrew ( http://www.incredibrew.com/ ) in Nashua, N.H. on Saturday, April 16th between noon
and two P.M. and Bottle it on April 30th during the same hours.

Normally the cost of a kettle of beer, making up to 15 gallons of beer, or 72 bottles of
22 oz. (650 ml) each, is between $130 and $195 depending on the type of beer.  You also have to buy bottles (about
$60.) if you do not have your own.  If the group uses five of the six kettles at Incredibrew the sixth
one is free, which means that basically everyone gets about $20 off the cost of brewing a kettle.

Brewing is fun, and I have never had a bad batch of beer.  In fact, they typically
turn out to be really good.  You can also make your own labels for the beer, and
I have had fun doing that too.  Some people share the kettle between two or more "devotees",
so the cost is lower (of course you get less beer for personal consumption, too).

There is a list of beer types and prices here:

http://www.incredibrew.com/index.php?src=gendocs&ref=BeerList&category=beer&submenu=beer

Believe it or not, we could only get enough people to sign up for four
kettles, so we will miss out on the "special" unless we get two more.

I know it is short notice, but if you would like to join us, please send
me a note before tomorrow morning (Friday).  Otherwise I will have to contact
Incredibrew and release the two kettles.

Thanks,

md