Plug Computers for whole-home audio

Lloyd Kvam python at venix.com
Sat Apr 23 09:15:20 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-22 at 17:12 -0400, Joshua Judson Rosen wrote:
> if you do the math, you'll be surprised--
> most of what people `know' about flash memory, which is based on
> what was true with the state of the art 20 years ago, is basically
> superstition at this point.

Everything I know about flash memory comes from this LWN article:
http://lwn.net/Articles/428584/

Among other things, the article warns that the wear leveling algorithm
is likely to be closely tied to the original device format.  I don't
think this contradicts anything Joshua wrote.  If you want more detail,
follow the link.

(I had been routinely reformatting to ext3 thinking it did not
matter...)

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp