Speaking of 11.04 questions...

Ben Eisenbraun bene at klatsch.org
Fri Apr 29 21:44:35 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 09:30:40PM -0400, David Hardy wrote:
> I have a list here close by of a half-dozen things we should do after we
> upgrade to 11.04 but without the mouse or command line I am stuck right now.

You should always have the command line unless Ubuntu has gone and done
something totally broken in their setup.  You can hit Ctrl-Alt-F(1-7) to
get to the console ttys.

That is also how I'd attempt to fix your mouse problem.  Log in and examine
the /var/log/Xorg.0.log to see if your mouse is being (mis)detected.

Since it sounds like your install/update was less than smooth, it's
probably worth seeing if a round of apt-get update && apt-get upgrade &&
apt-get -f install and a reboot would automagically fix things without
resorting to reading manuals.

-b

--
doubt is an uncomfortable position, but certainty is a ridiculous one.
                                                            <voltaire>