Terminology: FOSS vs. `Legacy Software'?

Bruce Dawson jbd at codemeta.com
Sat Aug 6 20:49:14 EDT 2011

In contrast - I like the term "legacy software" for the likes of
proprietary software.

We're talking about changing mindsets here - not the mindsets of those
who read mailing lists like this one, but the PHBs who justify the
purchase of proprietary software.

This is a good way of letting them know that Windows and the like is
"old hat".

And the more people (especially their peers) who says this, the more
they'll believe it!

--Bruce