Force apt-get to ignore dependencies?

Jefferson Kirkland numberwhun at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 19:05:42 EST 2011

I don't know that you actually can.  Because of apt-get's nature as a
package manager, its whole job is to ensure that things work correctly and
that everything is installed that needs to be for the package you are
needing.

On the other hand, if you can do a wget of the .deb file for the app you
want to install, you could do:

[code]

dpkg --force-conflicts -i package.deb

[/code]

That should do what you want, albeit completely circumventing the
apt-get issue.

Regards,

Jeff