New Year's Cleaning

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Mon Jan 3 16:29:26 EST 2011

There are current ports to the Sun Ultra for NetBSD, FreeBSD, OpenBSD and
Debian.  Plus Solaris (though I think 10 would be a bit slow) and SunOS.
I've run NetBSD and OpenBSD on Sun systems and they run well.  I prefer ipf
and pf for firewalls to iptables.  I should have an extra 100T card for the
Ultra if someone wants to use it for that.  I'm still running a Sun LX with
OpenBSD as an SSH gateway.

I unboxed the SGI when I got it, configured it, and then put it away.  It's
interesting to see the Jurassic Park "It's Unix" desktop.  For its time, the
Indy was pretty cool.  The IndyCam was unique until they came out with USB
and webcams.