Computer part recycling [was: New Year's Cleaning]

kenta kenta.koga at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 11:59:34 EST 2011

Along the lines getting rid of old hardware from the New Years
Cleaning thread I've been doing some cleaning as well.

What I'm trying to find is a recycler, preferably free of charge, that
will take this legacy hardware (read: junk) off my hands.  I know that
some companies have recycling days but I didn't see any posted around
my area (Nashua, NH).  So far I have found:

- Small Dog Electronics: Website says they'll take stuff for 35 cents
a pound (I should have taken advantage of their recycling day!).

- Best Buy: They have some kind of recycling program, but I don't know
how they react when I show up with a box of hard drives and a box of
ISA cards and mother boards. The info on their website seems geared
towards small consumer electronics.

- Nashua City landfill: Again, electronics seems to be geared towards
PC's and small electronics. Their site says: "Electronics - computer
monitors & components, printers, televisions, VCRs, DVD players,
microwaves, etc. The first two per year are free.  Additional items
will be charged at $5 per item"  Maybe I should find two old cases and
fill every bay and every slot with drives and cards ;)

Anyone know of other places to check?