Looking for a tool for spreadsheet manipulation.

Benjamin Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 11:37:23 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Steven W. Orr <steveo at syslang.net> wrote:
> What I'd like to do is to use a command line interface to add entries to cells
> instead of having to use Excel. Does such a beast exist?

  You mention Excel but this is a Linux list.  What OS and application
are you actually running?  :)

  If this was a Windoze box and MS Exsmell, I'd probabbly use VBA
(Visual Basic for Applications, AKA "macros") embedded in the Excel
spreadsheet.  Google results suggest you can get command line
arguments from VBA (Google <Excel GetCommandLine>).  Another approach
would be to use an external Visual Basic Script.  VBS can take command
line arguments and can interface with all the Office apps.

  If this is something else, let us know what.  :)

-- Ben