Dynamic DNS: Ubuntu vs. CentOS.

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Tue Jul 5 10:17:11 EDT 2011

On Mon, July 4, 2011 11:40 pm, Benjamin Scott wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 9:55 PM, Ken D'Ambrosio <ken at jots.org> wrote:

> Are you saying you want your CentOS box to send DNS updates, to
> register its own name in DNS?

I admit, I've grown hazy on how it all works -- assuming it's as above,
though, I guess that makes it "Yes."

> What release of CentOS?

5.6.

> Manually configured IP address, or DHCP client?

DHCP

Or, to put it another way, "Whatever my DHCP-client Ubuntu box does to get
its IP address into the DNS servers (and resolving against its
/etc/hostname), I want the CentOS box to do, too."  I suppose I could just
break down and Wireshark, but I figgered someone out there would know the
answer a bit more readily than that.

-Ken