eWaste collection event, 21 May, Manchester, NH

Benjamin Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Fri May 6 21:20:04 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 8:14 PM, Jon "maddog" Hall <maddog at li.org> wrote:
> I still have my old SEARS portable, manual (non-electric) typewriter
> in my closet.

  I still have my Corona Model 3 typewriter.  Built circa 1920.  Just
"Corona"; it was before they merged with Smith.  It belonged to my
grandfather.  It still works.  I once used it to type a paper for
middle/high school, when my PC crapped out for some reason (I had, of
course, waited until the night before it was due).  It has two shift
keys: CAP and FIG, the later of which does numbers and punctuation.
The shift keys actually shift the entire carriage/platen assembly up.

> Today, most college kids don't know what a typewriter is ...

  Why, when I was growing up, we didn't even have air!  ;-)

-- Ben