Fedora NetworkManager and dhclient help request

John Abreau jabr at blu.org
Fri Oct 7 22:11:50 EDT 2011

Hi, Pete.

In your reply, you refer to

    /etc/dhclient-eth0.conf:

but I see no mention in your reply of

    /etc/sysconfig/network-scritps/ifcfg-eth0

I've had problems with NetworkManager in the past that I finally
resolved by editing ifcfg-eth0. The behavior I observed was that
whenever I made changes to the network settings elsewhere,
NetworkManager would quickly notice them and then silently
change them back to match what was in ifcfg-eth0.

If dhclient-eth0.conf looks correct but ifcfg-eth0 is not, then
maybe that's why it's not working.

If you haven't already done so, I suggest trying what Shawn
O'Shea suggested earlier in this thread: put a line in ifcfg-eth0
that reads

    DHCP_HOSTNAME=pds-lnxt500

Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9