I'm considering a new laptop, looking for experiences.

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Sat Apr 14 08:53:19 EDT 2012

On 04/13/2012 04:17 PM, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:

> C'mon.  We're in New Hampshire/MA.  I can't believe nobody's mentioned my
> personal favorite: https://www.google.com/search?q=decwriter
>
> After the computer labs closed for the night on my campus, there was one VT-102
> per dorm.  Except for one dorm -- it had a VT102, AND a DECWriter.  If all the
> VT-102's were taken, you could be sure that the DECWriter would be open.
>
> But: don't play Rogue on it.
What was wrong with punch cards. The nice thing about punch cards, you
could print them up, then put them into the box to be submitted
(whenever the operators felt like it). In Graduate school we had a DEC
PDP-8 with a card reader as well as a paper tape reader and punch.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix