Webinar Hosting

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Mon Apr 16 11:18:08 EDT 2012

On 04/16/2012 10:10 AM, Robert Pruyne wrote:
> Howdy folks,
>
> My agency is looking into webinar software for hosting meetings.  We don't need anything too fancy.  But I was curious if someone here might have some experience with a more platform neutral/less plug-in (software centric) service for hosting webinars/meetings.
>
> This list has been helpful in the past in helping me find less "windows-centric" software solutions, I was hoping for similar results! Thanks in advance!
>
> -Rob
>
> p.s. I have looked at Goto meeting/webinar; Anymeeting, Webex, Adobe Connect.
dimdim comes to mind. http://www.dimdim.com. We tried it for a Boston
Usergroup weeting a while back, but there were some limitations at the
time. Additionally, my microphone did not work (was my problem). One
issue is the number of 2-way users. One thing that drives me nuts about
the way some of these systems work is that I have to use the phone to
dial in (or Google).  Dimdim does support logged in voice users.

There was another system I looked into at the time, but I don't recall.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix