HTTPS connection attempts from Facebook?

Brian Chabot brian at datasquire.net
Mon Aug 6 10:13:28 EDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Michael ODonnell
<michael.odonnell at comcast.net> wrote:
>  is there *ANY*
> legitimate reason why anything should be attempting to connect
> from Facebook to my home IP address, which offers no such
> services?  I assume, of course, that the answer is "No".

The *only* reason Facebook should be contacting you this way is if you
have an app set to pull data from there.

Possibilities that come to mind include RSS feeds and HTML embeds in
Page info plus, of course, any custom stuff you may have written.

It's *just* a home connection? No services?  Nuke the connection attempt.

Brian