HTTPS connection attempts from Facebook?

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Mon Aug 6 13:38:38 EDT 2012

>> When you say "nuke the connection attempt" do you mean
>> [...]
>
>Nuke as in (continue to) deny the connection attempt.

Cool.

Hmmm, I did end up in a situation recently (and reluctantly)
where I was obliged to install a Firefox add-in involved
with use of MacroMedia's AdobeConnect (grrr!  don't even
get me started griping about *that* little bit of hell...)
though the other party was not Facebook so it didn't occur to
me that there might be a connection.  But now that I think of
it I might have read some war stories about debugging early
versions of that add-in and IIRC somebody might have mentioned
that opening up port 443 on their firewall was somehow a remedy
for some problem, so maybe they're related...?  I don't get
the Facebook connection but then so many WWW sites these days have
been rigged with XSS attacks^H^H^H^H^H^H^H "Like us on Facebook!"
buttons that one never knows...