IPv6

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 14 11:50:47 EST 2012

Hey Chip,

Chip Marshall <chip at 2bithacker.net> writes:

> Just curious, but how many people have IPv6 access at home,
> or are interested in getting it? Do you even care if you have
> v6 or not?
>
> If you do have it, native from the ISP, or are you running a
> tunnel?
>
> If you don't have it, would you be interested in learning how to
> set up a tunnel if your ISP doesn't supply it?
>

> Personally, I'm on Comcast at home, my cable modem doesn't
> support DOCSIS 3, so I can't get v6 from Comcast yet (assuming
> I'm on one of the nodes that supports it.) I have a FreeBSD box
> acting as my router with a tunnel connected to Hurricane Electric
> for IPv6, just doing SLAAC on the inside for addressing.

I have a v6 tunnel.  I'd love to get a second tunnel (because my first
tunnel has an upstream b/w limitation much lower than my local b/w
capabilities).  Unfortunately my router doesn't support ipv6
policy-based routing, so I can't easily set it up the way I want, until
I get the chance to upgrade my router.

-derek