Two things: anti-spam and per-process *network* I/O.

Kevin D. Clark kevin_d_clark at comcast.net
Wed Dec 26 13:43:13 EST 2012

Ken D'Ambrosio writes:

> Per-process I/O accounting.  Every now and then, I see a system load
> spike through the roof -- but disk I/O is okay, likewise CPU.  Which
> really pretty much leaves network.  But I'm unaware of any tool that
> spits out per-process network utilization statistics.  One *must* exist,
> right?  Any pointers?

So, to confirm, when these incidents occur, the load average on the
machine is low?

I'd suggest using ntop and if things aren't clear from just this, using
some combination of "lsof -i ..." or "netstat -p".

Regards,

--kevin
--
alumni.unh.edu!kdc / http://kdc-blog.blogspot.com/
GnuPG: D87F DAD6 0291 289C EB1E 781C 9BF8 A7D8 B280 F24E

And the Army Ants, they leave nothin' but the bones...
   -- Tom Waits