Routing fun?

Alan Johnson alan at datdec.com
Fri Dec 28 13:05:42 EST 2012

Oh, I see now.  You're OpenVPN link is on the router, not the device.  Of
course.  Silly me.  In that case, my recommendation is to move the OpenVPN
link to the single device that should have access.  This is more standard
and would be the most secure option.

As others have suggested, you could assign a specific IP address to the
device and then use IP tables (try webmin if you don't care to learn yet
another mind numbing syntax) to allow that one device through, but this is
not terribly secure.  Filtering on MAC would not be significantly better.
 If you are not worried about your network and just want to keep other
machines from accidentally getting through your VPN link, this would be
fine.

Alan Johnson
alan at datdec.com