replicated file system?

Ed Robbins ed at erobbins.com
Tue Feb 28 16:50:14 EST 2012

On 2/28/12 4:11 PM, Mark Komarinski wrote:
> Sorry for top posting (I'm mobile).
>
> OCFS2 and GFS allow for active/active DRBD.  I tried using each and
> they wound up requiring more knowledge of crm and pacemaker than I was
> ready for.  I had each working on two different systems but it was
> unreliable - if you knew more about pacemaker you might fare better.
>
> -Mark

I've been using DRBD for in active/passive for the past two years with
Pacemaker.  I can't see enough good things about it.  Simple to setup
and maintain, what little maintenance is required.  I'm about to build a
fairly large voicemail storage system utilizing DRBD in active/active
using GFS as the filesystem.  While pacemaker(crm) was a bit tricky at
first, once I got past the initial learning curve it was very easy to
configure and manage.

Ed