mint

Ed lawson elawson at grizzy.com
Wed Jan 4 17:14:12 EST 2012

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 16:42:18 -0500
"Shawn O'Shea" <shawn at eth0.net> wrote:

> Who knows how long it will still be available, but if you launch
> Ubuntu Software Center and install the GNOME Desktop Environment
> package (or apt-get install gnome-desktop-environment) you will get
> GNOME and GNOME Classic options in the "gear" menu on the login
> screen.

Thank you for that info.  I have been switching between Gnome 3 and the
Classic Gnome options provided in SID and nice to know you can get
there in Ubuntu too.  For me using "classic" is relatively
painless, but Gnome 3 will take awhile. I am also trying Xcfe and it
might end up final choice.  Xubuntu seems a little heavy, but otherwise
OK for how I work.

--
Ed Lawson
Ham Callsign:         K1VP