home design + construction + landscape design software?

Greg Rundlett (freephile) greg at freephile.com
Fri Jan 6 10:19:46 EST 2012

Is anyone aware of Linux-compatible software for modeling architecture,
landscape and home construction projects?  I want to model a basement
finishing project, and I have carpenter friends who would also enjoy such
software.

I've used store-bought software many moons ago on Windows, but don't know
of the current options.  And when I go looking at them (e.g.
http://home-design-software-review.toptenreviews.com/better-homes-and-gardens-home-designer-review.html)
I haven't seen any that either say "linux" or else are online services that
can be accessed through the browser.

p.s. http://brlcad.org/d/about is a cool CAD/CAM FOSS package - but it's
not at all what I'm looking for.

Greg Rundlett