Linux Domain Controller/Resara Server

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 19:38:59 EST 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 6:26 PM, Warren Luebkeman <warren at resara.com> wrote:
> Just wanted to let you guys know that we just released Resara Server 1.1,
> which now features multi-server support and load balancing, among other new
> features.  For those who may not remember, Resara Server is a an Active
> Directory PDC and file server solution based on Samba4, and its completely
> free and open source.

  Very interesting.

  I presume you mean Active Directory DC?  (The "PDC" distinction
hasn't existed since NT 4.x.)  Can it host the FSMO roles?  Can I use
it to host Group Policy Objects?  (I know GPOs would only be editable
from, or applicable to, MS Windows clients, but hosting them on a
Linux backend would be nice.)

-- Ben