Accessing partitions in drive images

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 19:14:50 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 6:44 PM, Jon "maddog" Hall <maddog at li.org> wrote:
>>   I started looking into this more today, and quickly rediscovered how
>> much of a giant pile of kludges the IBM-PC is.
>
> The IBM PC was released in 1981.  You expected something other than
> "kludges"?

  Heh.  Anything old will have its share of historical accidents, to
be sure.  But there's reasonable design failings, and then there's
design by the infinite monkey method.  As much as I live and play in
the IBM-PC world... much like laws and sausage, it's best not to look
too closely at the innards.

-- Ben