Malware for Linux

Thomas Charron twaffle at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 16:48:11 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Ben Scott <dragonhawk at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 2:34 AM, Joshua Judson Rosen
> <rozzin at geekspace.com> wrote:
>>         http://article.gmane.org/gmane.org.user-groups.linux.gnhlug/19300/match=culture
>>
>> It's not obvious to me that anything's changed since then.
>
>   Your idea that FOSS is inherently trustworthy is amusing.   :)  You
> may want to read Ken Thompson's 1984 paper on "Trusting Trust":

  That conversation is awesome...

  I suppose it'd be great to mention how many times Linux boxes have
been compromised *BEFORE* a stable fix was released.  After a package
has been upgraded, you still have to deal with the compromise.

  At least the Windows malware developers are *mostly* idiots who can
be easily detected.  I haven't seen too many 'obvious' infections.
Many are hijacking the box and running something under a chroot
environment.

--
-- Thomas