Malware for Linux

Bill Sconce sconce at in-spec-inc.com
Fri Jul 20 17:30:24 EDT 2012

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 12:25:44 -0400
"Michael ODonnell" <michael.odonnell at comcast.net> wrote:

> >> Those who use terms like "immune" or "virus-proof" when
> >> discussing Linux do everybody a disservice since neither
> >> is true.
> >
> >Ouch.
>
> Ooops.  I forgot about your signature line.  ;->

Heh. No problem. It does sound kinda snooty.  :)

   [... insightful commentary here from MoD ...]

> FWIW, some term that conveys the "process" idea, or the notion
> that "perfect-security-is-impossible-but-we're-better-than-most"
> would be preferable.

Indeed. I agree.  A connotation of "Recovering", perhaps?
It's never "done", that's for sure.

-Bill

_______
Sent from my once_vulnerable_but_now_much_better_and_although_already_provably_immune_to_whole_classes_of_the_worst_threats_still_getting_incrementally_better_week_by_week_and_oh_by_the_way_running_Linux PC