[GNHLUG] What day should the GNHLUG BBQ be?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 08:08:57 EDT 2012

Who  : You!  Your fiends!  Everybody!
What : GNHLUG Summer BBQ Party
Date : That's the question!
Time : Afternoon/evening (exact time TBD)
Where: Miles Smith Farm, Loudon, NH

Let's all get together and enjoy the company of friends and colleagues
-- and some darn good food!

Bruce Dawson and Carole Soule have once again offered to host a summer
barbeque party for GNHLUG.  But we need to pick a date!  Please vote
here:

http://doodle.com/aymvdxbgbcq8ftde

(If Doodle does not work for you, please reply to me via email
directly, off-list, and we'll count you that way.)

The potential dates are:

* Saturday 11 August
* Saturday  1 September
* Saturday  8 September

  Anyone associated or connected with GNHLUG, or interested in Linux,
Unix, Free/Open Source Software, or anything related, is welcome.
Everyone is encouraged to take this chance to meet and mingle with
other Linux enthusiasts. While primarily a social event, tech talk is
inevitable at these things, and useful tips and even business
opportunities often pop up.

  Bruce Dawson and Carole Soule have generously offered to be our
hosts, at Miles Smith Farm in Loudon, NH (just East of Concord).  If
you've never been there, it's a beautiful spot, with a rustic old farm
house and barn, hilly fields, and an incredible view.  The "farm" part
isn't just a name -- it's an actual, working farm, with cows and
horses, and farm products for sale.  Don't let that scare you away,
though -- Bruce is a certified geek, so electricity and WiFi Internet
are readily available.

  This will be a "pot-luck" BBQ.  Show off your culinary or shopping
skills, and please bring some kind of edible item for the party.
Children are welcome!  (But not as edible items.)  Bring your own
beer, or even bring some to share -- and given this crowd, I expect to
see some decent brews.  The farm will be supplying beef (hamburger and
beef sausage), you supply the rest!

  Driving directions are on the farm web site:

http://www.milessmithfarm.com/ShowPage.php?PID=HOURS

  Hope to see you all there!

-- Ben