OSS Video Conference solution?

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Fri Jul 27 10:55:33 EDT 2012

> >> Hey, guys.  I've been tasked with bringing a video conferencing solution
> >
> > If I say "Jabber/XMPP", "SIP", or "H.232"; or "Ekiga", "Pidgin", "Empathy",
> > or "Jitsi"..., does it mean that I've misunderstood the question?
>
>   I expect so, given that at least a couple of those are not video
> conferencing solutions, and no further information is provided on any
> of them.

Well, in his defense, they are clients that *can* be used for various
conference-type applications.  But the piece he's missing -- which I implied
but didn't state, so it's kinda my fault -- are the words "server side."

Currently downloading/installing Big Blue Button (almost typed Big Blue
Marble); I'll let youses [sic -- I'm from Jersey] know how it goes.

-Ken