Open, non-DRM HD consumer video standard project on Kickstarter

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Sat Jun 2 20:07:03 EDT 2012

Given some of the conversations we've had here--like how the reason
`Linux support for making/watching DVDs sucks' is because groups behind
the standards have made the legality of us supporting them questionable
at best..., e.g.:

   http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.org.user-groups.linux.gnhlug/19085

I figure some of you would want to support Lib-Ray, but may not have heard
of it; the Kickstarter campaign has already exceeded its initial
funding target, but it's open through tonight (until 9:00 Sunday morn),
so there's still a little time to chip in and sign up for goodies
in return:

    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2144275086/lib-ray-non-drm-open-standards-hd-video-format

Creative Commons, QuestionCopyright.org, and a number of other notable
people and groups are all supporting it and asking others to do so,
e.g.:

    http://identi.ca/notice/94108963

    http://questioncopyright.org/libray_kickstart

After reading the FAQ, I've decided to chip in.