Wall Street Journal reports security breach against LinkedIn passwords

Lloyd Kvam python at venix.com
Thu Jun 7 07:33:43 EDT 2012

Today's WSJ reported in the Digits column that encrypted LinkedIN
passwords had been leaked.  Decryption efforts have been successful
against some subset of these passwords.

I was disappointed to see no acknowledgement on the LinkIn site.  (I
just found it buried in the clutter.  Its a link to CBS news??)

The passwords may not be attached to account names.  Still they will
likely be added to the lists of passwords in cracking tool-kits.

(I know a lot of people on this list use LinkedIn so I figure this is
relevant.)

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp