Tablet recommendations?

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Thu Mar 22 00:08:55 EDT 2012

I got a chinese MID a few years ago.  Runs Ubuntu and WinCE 6.x.  Android
2.1? got ported to it.  7", 800x480, 128 MB.  As an eBook reader, it's
great.  Comics it's to few dots.  The Midori web browser is ok, but now
it's a bit old.  Not enough RAM.  I have an 8 GB SD card in it which is
more then enough.

I've tried an ipad 2.  It's nice.

I bought an ASUS Transformer (TF101).  1 GB RAM, dual core, 10" and
1280x800.  *GREAT* for comics.  Almost too big for books.  I can read DRM
books on it.  I'm very happy with it.  I get 4-6 hrs battery life.  I can
play music while I read.  It upgraded to 4.0/ICS from 3.2/Honeycomb.  I'm
finding Firefox is more stable then Chrome or the native browser.  For
eBooks, Pandora, casual browsing, RSS feeds and the occasional SSH session,
it's great.  I don't know if it could completely replace a laptop for heavy
SSH and heavy text editing.  I'm going to see how well it does to blog with
pictures.

I think you'd have a similar experience with any of the dual core Androids
out there.  After that, what perks do you want?